Here is a poem i wrote at Christmas, and it's a little late, but here it is!
Today is Christmas day,
and a story comes to mind,
how God turned man came down to earth,
to rescue all mankind.
I wonder how it would’ve been
for a girl to become a mother,
to give birth to the Son of God,
with just a stable for cover.
and how did Joseph feel,
to be like a father to the One,
who came to save and set us free,
to make His eternal sons.
Shepherds sitting with their sheep,
on the dusty ground,
what was it like to see that light?
to hear that heavenly sound?
And wise men from the east,
why did they come so far?
how did it feel to see the Child,
or to chase that shining star?
and what a bunch of hypocrites,
who had memorized The Book,
who talk the wise men where to go,
and didn’t take a look!
Wicked, wicked Herod,
did you think you would succeed?
Does God not know your jealous heart?
your selfishness and greed?
And what if I had lived those days,
how would I have been?
Would I rejoice to see my Lord?
Fall down and worship Him?
Or would I go about my work,
like every other day,
not care that Jesus Christ was born,
to show the world the way!
But wait, what difference does it make?
if I live now, not in B.C.
Christ’s message is the same right now,
for all eternity!
My life right now, it matters,
what I think and do and say,
I can worship Christ and spread the news,
or I can just go on my way.
Lord help me to live my life for You,
to love You for all of my days,
help me to know You, to show you to others,
filling my life with your praise!
1 comment:
Great poem Heidi! Thanks for posting it. Course it would've been great if you had read it at our Christmas dinner. Next year :)
Aunt Marguerite
Post a Comment