"In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent His only Son into the world,so that we might live through Him." 1John 4:9
The LOVE of God, so that we might LIVE, not just exist!
We trust you all had a blessed and joyous Christmas, celebrating the LOVE and LIFE Christ came to give. Finding time in the midst of the business and feasting to reflect on what that meant for God and what it means for His people and the world is not easy but makes all the difference.
What really does God's love mean to us?
How does He show it each day?
There are so many facets to His love!
I had one of them driven home this Christmas - His Perfecting Love. Especially poignent to me because the outreach card by James MacDonald that I "happened" to send to aquaintances, health prof'ls & people struggling in some way, said on the front cover:
God's love is not a pampering love - it's a perfecting love.
Soon after I got to experience that perfecting love again in a new way. Isn't that our God? I love it! (Well, not the crash, but my Father & His workings!)
And I love it even more when He brings deliverance and answers to prayers! :)
Its coming, I'm sure! I appreciate all the prayers!
Anyways, that's why I didn't post on time for Christmas and share some more pictures that we have (don't know when I'll get to do that since I have to do it on Dad's computer which bothers me right now). Hopefully some of our other family will post!
Thanks to all who made Christmas a memorable time again, for the visits (Pastor & Cher, Liz), friends who sent cards, letters (we love to hear from you!!), Betty & John for spending Christmas day with us, Chris & Maurice for hosting us all for our grand family Christmas celebration... and all our dear family & loved ones!
Thanks especially to our Saviour who give us reason to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment