…as the first day of the week began to dawn, …there was a great earthquake for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled back the stone from the door and sat on it...and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, as He said."
He Lives
I serve a risen Savior, He’s in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him He’s always near.
In all the world around me I see His loving care,
And tho’ my heart grows weary I never will despair;
I know that He is leading, thro’ all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing will come at last.
Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian, lift up your voice and sing
Eternal halleluahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The Hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find,
None other is so loving, so good and kind.
Chorus: He Lives, He Lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.
Hymn by A.H.Ackley, 1933
There are many historical proofs and witnesses* to the truth of Jesus’ Resurrection. However, all the proofs and facts in the world won’t prove it to those who don’t want to believe – only the change it makes in the heart and life, and the Holy Spirit within testifying of adoption into His family will be evidence enough.
May He work that faith, resurrection life and assurance in the hearts of all of our loved ones!
Christ is Risen!
*1 Corinthians 15:3-8
No comments:
Post a Comment