Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Final thots & thanks

Thanks Betty & John for letting us have your kids for a week. (We're looking forward to next time - but we need them to come healthy then! - remember to restrict their sweets beforehand so they can come here without colds... :) ) I did survive it thankfully :) and it sure helped that the kids were quickly right at home - even little Joanna - and that she understands "no" (aside from our poor plants, which she couldn't seem to resist, she left things alone after the first "no".
I loved being a mom for a week and hearing them call me mom (at first when they realized it, they'd say "Oops, Aunt Marguerite" and then another kid would pipe up and say, "That's ok, she's our mom for now".)
Why not?
I especially loved it when Joanna stretched out her little arms to me
and when I cradled her and sang to her before putting her to bed and she'd stick her two middle fingers in her mouth and sigh contentedly.
So precious, we don't see them enough and they grow so quickly!
Needless to say, I didn't get much done in my office but when I did try to sneak a few minutes, there was always a willing helper there.

"This is sticking out"

"Shall I file it away for you?"


I'm sooo excited!! My twirly tooth finally came out!!!


Do you think the tooth-fairy will be able to find it here?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thots is spelled wrong.(T-H-O-U-G-H-T-S) And what does sweets have to do with a cold??

Marguerite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marguerite said...

Ok smarty ;) "thots" is an accepted/conventional shortform.

I don't know who you are or if you're asking seriously or not.
I'm guessing you're not one of the family or you'd know that sugar has alot to do with getting a cold or flu! (unless you're just teasing me..?)

Anyways, for those who don't know, 1 tsp of sugar (4 grams)cuts down the functioning of your defense system (Immune system) by half for 6 hours (documented scientific experiments).
So that means that during that time, your internal army has only 1/2 the ability to fight those foreign invaders (germs). Most sweets have more than 1 tsp - sometimes more like 1/4 cup/serving - so you can see how vulnerable it can make your kid's body.