Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Ten of 2008

At the end of each year, I usually make a list of some of the resources that I particularily enjoyed or was challenged by that year and would recommend to others. This year was no exception. Here they are from 2008:

Top 10:

1. The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World—series of talks by different men, compiled into a book by John Piper & Justin Taylor—well worth the effort it requires to digest!


2. Dr. Oma, by Ethel Herr - easy reading yet inspiring!

3. George Muller—the Covenant homeschool group's excellent stage production and the book—excellent & encouraging to pray expectantly

4. Living The Cross Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing by C.J.Mahaney (thanks B&L)

5. The Grand Weaver: How God Shapes Us Through the Events of Our Lives, by Ravi Zacharias

6. Breaking Free (from hinderances to satisfaction in God and enjoyment of Him) by Beth Moore

7. The Joy of Fearing God by Jerry Bridges – I'm not thru it yet, but its excellent so far

8. Matthew 11:38-40 – resting in Christ, taking His yoke - and Charles Swindoll's audio entitled: "It is Best to Rest" part of the series called "Jesus, the Greatest Life of all" on it (also the message "Resting in Christ" on John 15:1-11 - which was also part of our church's theme passage). The whole series or the individual CDs are available at: http://www.insightforliving.ca/index.php?page_id=2678

9. True Women 08 conference recordings – http://www.reviveourhearts.com/

10. Table Talk monthy magazines have good devotionals & articles. http://www.sola-scriptura.ca/

11. Yes, I know, I said 10 - but I have to add one more that was very special: In Another Language, piano recording of Heidi, cover designed by Lizzi - see January 2008 post entitled "January's Special Dates" for cover shots.

No comments: