Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Top Ten Inspirations from 2009

Top Ten for 2009

Here are some of the resources by which the Lord helped/encouraged/challenged me this year (and which I recommend to you):


1. Isaiah 40 - meditating on it over the year has made it a very real part of my thoughts and life - highly recommended to get a better sense of our smallness/mortality and God's greatness and incompareableness! Really puts things into perspective!

2. Also Louie Giglio's Indescribable and How Great is our God YouTube videos give an incredible view of God's awesome beauty and power and His amazing grace/love for us.


3. "Living as if Heaven is your Real Home" by Randy Alcorn, and many other MP3s from NewAttitude.org

4."Conversational Apologetics" audio by Michael Ramsden – listened to this over and over while camping – good place to practice sharing our hope in Christ in everyday conversation

5. More Love to Thee by Elizabeth Prentiss – her handling of her struggles & illnesses encouraged & challenged me


6. Narnia series – Dad & Mom & I are going thru the Focus Radio Dramas together and reading each book first. We just finished Prince Caspian. The Horse and His Boy resonated with me the most, and this year, like Shasta & Bree, I felt a keen sense of un-belonging and a longing for "the North" – for my real Home!

7. "The Blazing Center" DVDs by John Piper – his theme speech broadened and adapted for teens – tho still challenging enough and relevant to adults. Seeing the face that belongs to the voice I have loved listening to for many years now was a bit of a shock – but not a disappointment!

8. "Be Still My Soul" song blessed me richly as I listened to it over and over during the long, hard nights.

9. "Love Worth Finding" came onto our radio station this fall – Adrian Rogers has some really powerful sermons –"What will you do with Jesus?" is excellent for fencesitters and skeptics….

10. 50 ways in 50 days to Save Your Family – explains how parents can protect their children from the culture's negative influences. I haven’t read the book but after listening to author Rebecca Hagelin discussing it on Focus on the Family, I know if I had kids or teens, I’d definitely get it.

With these, His Word, other books and the encouragements of many of you, the Lord has carried me through a difficult yet blessed year.

I pray & trust He will carry each of us through the next year as we trust in Him – whatever He has in store for us. And may we grow closer to Him and to eachother in 2010 - for His glory and our joy!

Blessed/Happy New Year!

No comments: