Yes, Tia is my cute, sweet, crazy puppy! I can hardly believe it myself! But the fact is, there’s this cute little thing following me around, sleeping on my feet, trying to “kiss” my neck, cavorting with her green giraffe and/or Opa in the yard… and there’s all these puppy training books & videos waiting to be read/watched…. Thankfully she’s so quiet & good most of the time and sleeps thru the night. Tho she is extra work, she’s also good stress relief (& warmth!)
Here she is at almost 14 weeks - she loves romping in the snow!
and below at 11 weeks when we got her
Curled on my lap after we got her home. She weighed around 7 lbs - just like a newborn baby!
Kenny was her first introduction to our kids - he's just tickled with her!
Josh is good with animals and helped raise their golden retriever puppies a couple years ago.
Maria loves animals too
Joanna is quite brave - can tell she's used to pets too - tho kittens are much less fragile than puppies!
Josiah's lap fits a little better! He sat so nice & still and she kept coming back to him. So cute! She also did that with Sarah - sorry no photo
She remembered Anna & Jo and was quite content with Anna. Willy was a little too hyper and timid to come too close - tho he did actually feed her a treat!
She's so social & friendly and gets so excited-spazy-hyper when anyone comes to visit - so you have to be calm, then she'll calm down too.
We're still trying to train her proper dog etiquette! :)
Kara's golden-doodle, Zoey, helped Tia get started with walking on the leash outside - before Zoey motivated her & she showed her how, Tia refused to bunge! Now she loves going for her "walk"
Romping & playing makes her tired quickly & she finds a cozy place to sleep - often on my feet - I love that - warms them up!
She's soo good & quiet at nights too and hardly ever barks - not even when strangers come to the door!
Thanks Ralph for the nice family photo! :)
2 comments:
So cute! Definitely enjoyed this post =)
Marguerite, I LOVE it that you have a dog! What a terrific idea for you - why didn't anyone think of it before?!! A dog is such a loving animal - wanting to please, to be with you, to "kiss", to cuddle - also so fun to watch, to talk to, to ease the alone feeling......I'm so thankful you have your little Tia! While I was walking Stormy last night, in the dark, empty field out back, I wondered if anyone else talks non-stop to their dog like I do when I'm alone with him :) I'm thinking you might be like that, too...... :)
Post a Comment