Saturday, July 01, 2017

Canada Day 150th at J&B's

Saturday dawned clear & bright and many of the family came to John & Betty's 
on Canada’s 150th birthday! 
We thank the Lord for the bounty and freedom we still enjoy in this beautiful land!

We pray that the righteousness & respect for God & His law that made this country great, will be restored.

(thanks Chris for the photos)

(Sarah took these 2 cute shots)
                      While the big girls talked wedding and looked at Bridesmaid dresses, the little girls were parading around in too big bridesmaid dresses complete with rose bouquets!  So cute!  (Rachel gave me this shot, you can see much cuter ones on her blog)
And Isaiah, well, he entertained himself well enough,
 
 often practicing the steps up to the porch.
 Alas, the diaper bag was left at home! But a little improvisation solved it so they could stay. The lack of a pamper did not hamper, use a tea-towel and milk bag – what’s the diff! LOL!  

After an enjoyable day together, complete with feasting on J&B's bumper crop of huge and succulent strawberries (and picking them), some of us went off to see the fireworks.
Not I, as I had my fill of them the night before – enjoying (?) them in my van with the cows, haha!  Huh?  Well, let me explain:  I was sleeping (or more accurately trying to sleep) in my van, and the cows were in the neighbouring fields - just to clarify!  I had anticipated a nice long, quiet, pastoral sleep out there in farm country, however, some turkeys (well probably not turkeys) thought it was already Canada Day - which the cows in the pastures did not appreciate! They were decidedly upset and their bawling along with the cracking explosions effectively kept away any peaceful slumber till the wee hours! So I had enough of them and was ready to just go home to my own bed! But first, we had a more important "thing" to see :) - R & S's new 1 day old, almost Canada Day baby!
(Dad & Mom beat Chris & I there!)  
 
Praise the Lord for His goodness to the family!  
What a cutie! How precious to hold a new born baby!  (Another good result of changed plans - I would’ve gone on to the States from Betty’s and missed those precious first weeks of Josiah's life & missed his baptism too).

No comments: